So, I’m just a little dog who makes funny videos and occasionally tells stories about things. I’m not even allowed to (legally) vote, so I don’t get all political. I just think humans are doing it all wrong, and should be more like dogs. I’ve made a handy list of the reasons why dogs are better than humans in some ways. Okay, all ways..we’re cuter than you, too but that’s another post.
- We don’t physically attack other dogs for having different opinions than we do.
- We judge people based only on their actions. If you’re kind to us, we love you. Simple.
- We forgive even those who hurt us badly, or consistently. Such is our heart.
- We don’t hate other dogs based on their breed. We sniff everyone and give them a chance.
- The sassiest dog still shows gratitude, loyalty and love to those who are kind to us.
- We never abandon anyone.
- We don’t care what you look like, how old you are, how you dress or what you weigh. Your kindness is all we value.
- We never tell a lie. Feign innocence, yes, but actually lie? Never.
- We don’t feel hate. We just can’t. Our heart was not built for that.
- We don’t care what human you choose to love, so long as you show us love.
I’m just a Lhasa Apso, not a philosopher. I don’t have all the answers, but..just saying. You people are doing life all wrong.
My advice no one asked for is to take a moment. Review what you’re thinking, how you’re feeling, and if a lot of is negative, is it worth the energy and stress?
In either case, I can only recommend a huge dose of love from your nearest dog or human loved one. Go hug someone today, and pause to feel gratitude that they are there with you.
I heard someone on TV or somewhere say “Life is too short, and death is far too long.”
Take it from someone with a much shorter life than your own. It’s true.
I will hop off my soapbox now and go eat cookies, but I’ll be thinking about you, Humans. I will be hoping you stop tearing into each other like I tear into a new squeaky toy and start showing yourselves and each other a lot more love.